- I-84 East: From Portland, Oregon – take I-84 east toward Hood River.
- Exit #64: Within approximately one hour from the west side of the city of Portland, Oregon you will come to the town of Hood River. There are only three (3) exits for Hood River. Exit numbers 62, 63, & 64. Take exit #64, also noted as Government Camp / White Salmon. Once you’ve exited the freeway, continue forward on the off ramp in the left turn lane.
- Turn Left: At the stop light at the base of the off ramp you will take a left hand turn heading north. Go under the freeway bridge toward Washington. You will not cross the bridge and go into Washington. You will only travel approximately 2 city blocks before the Hood River Marina entrance.
- Another Left: Take your first left (not the westbound freeway on ramp) into the Port of Hood River Marina entrance, which is the 2nd light. You will see a large concrete sign at the entrance. Drive straight down this road and follow the signs to “windsurfing schools.” There are three small buildings on a grassy area just in front of the marina. These buildings are wood and are approximately 14′ wide by 24′ long.
- The first building you will see is Hood River WaterPlay. It is gray in color with red trim and well signed. All you will need to bring will be a swimsuit, towel, and some sunscreen. We’ll provide the rest. Come into the center, sign in, get your wetsuit, booties, etc. and we will share with you which location you will be going to for the given day’s wind conditions.
Call — 541-386-WIND (9463)