- Go from the basics to planing (going fast) in three days.
- Learn enough to sail with confidence.
Here’s the complete program:
- Two 3-hour sessions with a U.S. Sailing Certified Hood River WaterPlay Instructor
- Membership in Hood River WaterPlay‘s T.O.W. Club (FREE SAILING TIME !!! – see below)
- Land based simulation
- “Hands-on” on-the-water instruction
- All beginner equipment: wetsuit, booties, life vest, helmet, and your own personal windsurfer, rigged just for you.
- Instruction in wind theory, carrying your equipment, tacking & jibing, safety techniques, and more
- Harness use
- Manageable high wind sailing stance
- Sailing up and downwind without a centerboard
- Planing (sailing fast-skimming over the water fast)
A graduate of this class can expect to sail longer and more effortlessly in high winds.
PREREQUISITE: Desire to sail, and sail fast.
|TIME:||8 hour classes over three days|
|SCHEDULING:||9am, 12pm, & 3pm daily|