All of our Entry Level Lessons are taught by U.S. Sailing Certified Windsurfing Instructors and are ALL Inclusive: wetsuit, PFD, booties, and your own personal windsurfer rigged just for you!
EVERYTHING is included, just bring your swimsuit & towel, and we’ll provide the FUN!
GOOD Quick Start:
2 hrs. Only $79. PLUS One FREE hr. of practice on your own.
This class will give you a good taste (tease) for the sport. If you’re strapped for time, this will give you a good kick start, or is also good for those who may have sailed a little and just need a refresher. You’ll learn basic turns, position, and how to steer. Morning class starts at 10:00; afternoon class starts at 2:00.
BETTER Session “A” of the US Sailing Learn to Windsurf Level I Program.
$119.00 3 hours of professional instruction from a US Sailing Coach & 2 hours of FREE practice time on your own.
This is the first half of the Official US Sailing’s Learn to Windsurf Level I Program. You will learn “Rules of the Road,” Control, Various types of Tacks, How to sail (and stay) upwind. Session “B” of the US Sailing Learn to Windsurf Level I Program. $119.00 3 hours of professional instruction from a US Sailing Coach & 2 hours of FREE practice time on your own. You will learn various types of jibes, when and how to use a centerboard, a few freestyle tricks, and preparation for SHORTBOARDING!
BEST BOTH Sessions A & B:
$199 Two 3-hour sessions for a total of 6 hours of instruction.
Everything included, + FOUR hours of FREE rental and practice time. Super Saver Deal! This is the Full-On US Sailing Learn to Windsurf Level I program. You will receive the Official U.S. Sailing Learn to Windsurf Level I Certification and be ready to graduate to Level 2 Intermediate Shortboard Sailing.
Book your schedule NOW!
Thanks for the great lessons. I’m hooked.
Call us to reserve your spot: 541-386-WIND (9463) • 800-WND-SURF • 800-963-7873
What to Expect
What to expect in Level A:
You will learn and experience:
- The names of the gear and sailing speak. Things like Port & Starboard
- How to carry your gear
- The 5 five positions to getting up and getting under way
- Spend 20 – 30 min. on a simulator in a small group as the first portion of your lesson
- Take your new simulator skills directly to the water and begin implementing by sailing with your coach
- Learn how to sail upwind and hit your target
- Make 180 degree (half circle) turns
- Tack – efficiently (Turn with power upwind)
- And much more!
What to expect in Level B:
- Quick review of Level A
- Spend 20-30 min. on the simulator developing your stance and downwind turns
- How to drive the board upwind to weather with foot steering to maximize your reach
- How to turn downwind without power in a downwind 180 degree turn
- How to turn downwind with power thus performing a longboard jibe
- Learn how to sail to ALL points of sailing direction
- Begin power tacks and pivot jibes
- Audit the session for understanding and preparation for FREE SAILING time